My current project has the need for robust pathfinding. This pathfinding needs to be efficient, allow for dynamic changes to the environment, and be able to guide large numbers of actors. I have decided to implement my own library to handle this, and I plan to release this as another plugin for Corona SDK. Today, I accomplished the following:
- Drafted initial design in UML.
- Decided to use ldoc to auto-generate the API documentation and incorporated it into my build script.
- Implemented wavefront algorithm.
- Implemented vector field algorithm.
- Set up a test project to enable interactive manual testing of the library.